- Overview of all the training modules can be found here
- Detailed information on the Revenue Management part of the CRM is here
- Training dates and costs in the UK are here
- Brochure for download HSMAI CRM Brochure Q2 & 3
- Open evenings – Presentations of the CRM in London, Manchester and Edinburgh – see below
- Registration for tonight’s presentation in London 6pm for 6.30pm at the Rubens Hotel is here
The role of the hotel Revenue Manager is rapidly changing; proficiency is now expected across a wide range of expertise in classical revenue management, eCommerce and digital marketing. The Certified Revenue Manager qualification from HSMAI develops the vital skills required of today’s Revenue Manager and those responsible for hotel profitability, and features in-depth study and practical applications of Revenue Management, Distribution and Digital Marketing.
European framework with local delivery
The framework of the CRM Qualification was the brainchild of Revenue Directors from hotel brands across Europe, including Best Western, Dorchester Collection, Kempinski, Lindner Hotels & Resorts, Mandarin Oriental, Nordic Choice Hotels, Queens Moat House, Moevenpick , Thon Hotels, and WORLDHOTELS. Accredited trainers throughout Europe tailor the core content to reflect national differences in implementation of revenue management and distribution. Ally Dombey, Director of Revenue by Design Ltd, is the HSMAI Europe accredited trainer for the certification within the UK and Ireland, and responsible for aligning the core content to the needs of the UK Revenue Manager.
“Today’s Revenue Managers need to work adeptly at the intersection of revenue management, distribution and digital marketing,” says Dombey, “The HSMAI Europe CRM aims to achieve this. By working closely with operational Directors of Revenue the qualification promises to deliver relevant, current and timely educational material”
Classroom training helps peer-to-peer exchange and development
The CRM features three units covering Revenue Management, Distribution and Digital Marketing, and Specialist Electives. Each unit is trained as a series of five one-day modules. Training is classroom based allowing for clear communication of the training principles and exchange of experiences amongst participants. Back up webinars are available from July, to top up on specific skills. Online tests are taken after each module, and a final certification test follows completion of all fifteen modules. The tests are hosted on the e-campus of the Swiss Hotel School Lucerne, SHL, Switzerland.
Presentations in London, Manchester and Edinburgh
Presentations of the CRM course content will be held in London, Manchester and Edinburgh through mid April and May; presentations are free to attend and open to all interested in learning more about the qualification.
London – Tuesday 17th April, at 6pm at The Rubens in the Palace Hotel, SW1W 0PS.
Manchester – Thursday 3rd May (provisional, location TBC)
Edinburgh – 22nd May (provisional, location TBC)
Current Members of the HSMAI Europe Revenue Management Advisory Board:
Head of the HSMAI Europe Revenue Management Advisory Board Wilhelm (Wilko) Weber, SHS Swiss Hospitality Solutions AG
- Les Asplen, Head of Revenue and Distribution, Best Western UK, York
- John Scanlon, Director of Revenue, Dorchester Collection, London
- Thibaut Sellier, Director of Revenue, Kempinski, Geneva
- Christian Börger, Regional Manager Revenue & Distribution EMEA, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, London
- Heiko Siebert, VP Revenue and Distribution, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, Zurich
- Carl Oldsberg, VP Revenue and Distribution, Nordic Choice Hotels
- Henning Möhn, Regional Commercial Director Nord, Steigenberger Hotels, Hamburg
- Christopher Cooper, Group Director of Revenue, Rocco Forte Hotels, London
- Christian Gramsgrø, Director of Revenue Management, Scandic Hotels Norway.
- Roland Rhyner, Previously Director Performance & Revenue Optimization, WORLDHOTELS, Frankfurt, now General Manager at Hotel Uzwil.
- Jason Houle, Vice President Travel Solutions, Lixto Software